Step 1 - Choose your event
Pick an event that you have a general interest in and would enjoy coordinating. You might want to start with the following:
- Determine your audience - Is the event for kids, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers?
- Expertise – What do you enjoy? Cooking? Wine tasting? Games?
- Interest – What would this group be interested in?
Step 2 – Set your Fundraising Goal
Choose a goal that challenges you. In determining your goal, think of the following:
- How many people will attend the event?
- What is the demographic of the event?
- How will you raise funds? Donations? Participant fees? Fundraising through peers?
Step 3 – Pre-Event Details
Now is the time to get coordinating:
- Book your venue, date, and time.
- Set your expense budget.
- Obtain permits for any draws, liquor licenses, etc.
- Gather friends / volunteers to assist you.
- Source prize items, give-aways, or other supplies such as food, water, etc.
- Create your agenda for the day.
Step 4 – Promotion
Create promotional materials for your event, including posters, postcards, newsletters, pledge forms, etc. Please remember, any use of SSO's logo or publically displayed materials must be approved by SSO's communications department.
Once your promotional materials are approved and printed, spread the news of your event to your demographic through friends, family, local stores, etc.
Step 5 – Start Fundraising and Have fun
- Hype up your participants through incentive prizes, auction items, delicious food, etc.
- Ask your friends and family to join, and to get the ball rolling.
- If you need any promotional materials on Schizophrenia Society of Ontario, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org