Get Started with your own fundraising event in 5 easy steps!
Step 1 - Choose your event
Pick an event that you have a general interest in and would enjoy coordinating. Think of the following and email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our office toll-free at: 1 800 449 6367
to get started. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your ideas.
- Determine your audience - Is the event for kids, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers?
- What do you enjoy?
- What would your group be interested in?
Step 2 – Set your Fundraising Goal
Choose a goal that challenges you. In determining your goal, think of the following:
- How many people will attend the event?
- What is the demographic of the event?
- How will you raise funds? Donations? Participant fees? Fundraising through peers?
Step 3 – Pre-Event Details
Now is the time to get coordinating:
- Book your venue, date, and time
- Set your expense budget
- Obtain permits for any draws, liquor licenses, etc.
- Gather friends / volunteers to assist you
- Source prize items, giveaways, or other supplies such as food, water, etc.
- Create your checklist and agenda for the day
Step 4 – Promotion
Create promotional materials for your event, including posters, postcards, newsletters, pledge forms, etc. Please email email@example.com
to provide you with branding assets. Once your promotional materials are approved by SSO, they’re ready to be printed and shared to your local community!
Step 5 – Start Fundraising and Have fun
- Ask your friends and family to join
- Post on social media and tag us
- Hype up your participants through incentive prizes, auction items, delicious food, etc.
- If you need any promotional materials on Schizophrenia Society of Ontario, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for supporting the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario. Your generosity will go toward innovative programs and services to help SSO support people living with mental illness and their families.
Get creative! See below some examples of events that you can host.