Welcome to Peace of Minds Walk in Toronto
We invite you to join us on Saturday, September 21, 2019
for the Peace of Minds Walk in Toronto
. Bring your family and friends for a fun filled day event with keynote speaker, Asante Haughton, and performances by Unity. Bring your kids for free face paintings and join our craft stations in the park. You have the opportunity to bid on fantastic prizes and join the walk with our community to spread the message of hope to more than 140,000 people in Ontario living with schizophrenia, and so many of their friends, families, and loved ones.
Event Agenda (click here to download the event schedule)
- 11:00 am - Event starts - Meet us at David Pecaut Square (University Ave and King st)
- 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Group painting session by Art Factory - join the group painting session and take part in a mural
- Bring your kids to have fun at the Kids Zone, enjoy popcorn, face paintings, craft stations and play in the circus bouncer
- Bid on fantastic silent auction prizes
- Visit stations to learn about aroma therapy, brain fitness, yoga and meditation techniques
- 11:45 am to 12:00 pm - Brain fitness FUNdamentals with Paul Hyman, Wellness and Lifestyle Consultant located at the Main Stage
- 12:00 to 12:45 pm - Join the group for a walk around downtown Toronto or stay in the square and have fun!
- 12:45 to 1:00 pm - Mindfulness Chi Gong Chinese yoga with Master Teresa Yeung located at the Main Stage
- 1:00 pm - Join us at the main stage and hear from:
- MC - Mike Stroh, Founder and Director, Starts With Me
- Mary Alberti, CEO, Schizophrenia Society of Ontario
- MPP Chris Glover
- SSO Speakers Bureau Members: Jesse Bigelow, Chris Whittaker, Marie Roder and special violin performance by Nathan Roder
- Keynote Speech by Asante Haughton, Award winning mental health advocate and TEDx Speaker
- 1:30 to 1:45 pm – Special performance by hip-hop sensation Unity at the Main Stage – don’t miss it!
- 1:45 to 2:15 pm - Dance, sing and make music with Sky's Music World at the Main Stage - this is a fun session for all families to enjoy!
- 2:15 to 2:45 pm - Yoga in the Park - join Master Teresa for a wonderful relaxing session of Chi Gong Chinese Yoga breathing with mental movements to reduce stress
- 3:00 pm - Silent auction closes and event ends
Passionate about social justice and equity, Asante Haughton is a national award winning mental health advocate dedicated to endeavours aimed at building stronger communities. He is a peer worker, poet, thinker and speaker who believes in people, global interconnectivity, and positive personal change. Asante's peer work has brought him across Canada, to the United States, Colombia and most recently, Ireland. Asante has also made noise as a two-time TEDx speaker and he was recognized by CAMH as one of the top 150 Difference Makers in mental health in Canada. Finally, Asante was featured in the most recent Bell Let’s Talk prime time documentary special.
When not trying to save the world, Asante can be found laughing at his own jokes, Netflix'ing, checking his fantasy football stats, watching cartoons, and being frustrated with Toronto sports teams. Though Asante can be pretty laid back, he is loud about his advocacy and drive for change as he aims to deliver a message of social awareness, justice, community betterment, and above all, hope.
Contact us at email@example.com
or 1 (800) 449-6367
for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thank you to our supporters!